What time is it where you are?

This is Palm Desert, Ca. time...

Friday, March 14, 2008

Day 6 and 7

To my adoring fan,

I'm so sorry Mom I didn't write yesterday! LOL
That was so funny that I thought no one was reading these and figured since I didn't feel well, and I was dead tired, I would skip a day... thank you for the note this morning and letting me know!
For those of you who are reading this-lots has happened in TeamThornhill's life.
First, T came down with what I thought was a cold, a bad head cold. She then got a cough with it and last night she awoke with a horrible dream where she was just sobbing and sobbing. She was also dripping with sweat which meant a bad fever. We kept her home today and took her into the doctor. She has "simple strep". Medication for the next 7 days and she should be fine.
Meanwhile, Cope developed the same cough, but (knock on wood) not the cold. I have enough medicine though if he gets T's strep. Added with the fact that yesterday Jeff helped me take the 3 Xerox copy boxes of change and dollars to the grocery store to put into Coin Star. Right now at school we are having the "Pennies for Cancer" drive. All the money raised goes to the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society, which benefits all the kids who have this cancer. It is a 3 week fundraising drive and all the grade levels are competing to see who can raise the most money. The grade level that does raise the most money will get rewarded by going to the local park for the day. (So stakes are high) Unfortunately, there are some who have lost sight of the reason why we are doing this and it makes me want to give up ASB and what we do. It sure feels like no matter what we do, there will always be a group that will argue. I guess that is life, huh?

Anyways, as Jeff and I were spending the hour it takes to drop all those coins into the machine, and then travel to the bank to get money orders for the dollars, (whew) I developed an itch in my eyes. I don't know if I touched with them with gross money germs on my hands, but I probably did. By the time I got to the parent teacher conference later that day, I could feel something was terribly wrong with my eyes. When I got home I already had them all bloodshot and full of yuck. I kept drops in them hoping that would fix it, but to no avail.
I went to the doctor with T today and I have conjunctivitis. Both eyes. So, since I have no more sick days (another long story) I will go to school tomorrow and wear my sunglasses all day long. Again. Ugh.

I came home after getting all three prescriptions and wanted to take a nap. Jeff woke me at 12:30 am and since now he is snoring, I couldn't go back to sleep. Here I am! :)

So, as you can tell, another not so boring day in the TeamThornhill household! Ugh.
Positive side to all this?
  • Tomorrow is Friday.
  • I already started my medication
  • My students will continue working on their mosaic projects
  • Weather is great
  • I see a relaxing weekend coming up
Well, I suppose I should say goodnight. I do want to thank Mom for emailing me this morning so when I got to school, and turned on my computer, there she was! I was so bummed there was no email at home yesterday from either Erin or Mom. Both are in New Zealand and Fiji respectively. (I know, I know) I'm very much enjoying their stories they have sent and HOPE THEY BOTH BRING ME VARIOUS SANDS FROM ALL OVER THEIR TRAVELS! (HINT, HINT)
I am also (admittingly) very jealous as I so wish I was there too! Away from the stress of this job that is aging me too quickly. I would like to request a million more pictures and send them to me everyday! It would have been neat if we had discussed blogs before you left, and you each could be doing one! They really are alot of fun! I hope Jamie's birthday was a great one! I called your phone and sang to her today! (I also sent an email birthday card) Tierney has something she made for her so we will mail it when you get back. :)
Dad, no more peanuts, shrimp, etc... because if you do, and your lip swells again, Mom is going to take a picture of you and send it to me! Then I'm going to laugh my self silly!
Ill see if I can get back to sleep. If not, I can add another story for you all.

Goodnight!

PS- our school has raised over $1200.00! I am so proud of them! :)

No comments: