What time is it where you are?

This is Palm Desert, Ca. time...

Friday, July 11, 2008

Life's little treasures



I was out pulling weeds today (yes, no really, it's true) and jumped when this hopped across my body.
Now I'm not really a sissy, but we just don't get garden delights like this everyday here in the desert!
I've decided she is female. Do you see her?
Click on the pics to enlarge







How about at this angle?













It doesn't get more obvious than this. Please tell me you see her now?!

Hint: scroll down






(She is gripping the branch with her body up against it running northeast to southwest. Smack dab in the middle of the photo)


It took me a long time to get used to desert landscape. I much prefer the infusion of color, sweet smell of real wet dirt, and being able to grow quite a variety of, well, whatever I want!

So when we decided to redo the front in xeroscaping, I was a little apprehensive. The fact that we never mowed our grass, because we don't own a mower, really helped me decide.

Yes, there is a blooming season, and it is quite lovely when all in bloom. We have hummingbirds, and 2 birds nests in the olive tree.

1 comment:

The Apron Queen said...

Oh dang. That thing is huge. Took me a few min to see it though. :)

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen