What time is it where you are?

This is Palm Desert, Ca. time...

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Do you wish your days away too?

Does it ever help to wish your day away?

Like take today...my parents are flying back into Ca. today and driving up to Palm Springs. I wished Monday and Tuesday away, because I couldn't wait for them to get here. I had pictured them coming in fresh off the plane, an easy drive up here, unpacking taking 30 minutes or so, and a jaunt over to our house for a much needed hug, glass of wine and homemade dinner.
Sounds great, right?
I suppose I forgot to mention that they were flying in from Australia, which is a very long flight. In reality they started flying on this trip yesterday, and continued it into today. Then waiting forever to get the million pieces of luggage they brought (6 week vacation) only to turn around and wait again to rent a car from LAX to Palm Springs. Ride in traffic all the way up here, have mounds to unload, in addition to wiping down, again (I did it yesterday), the counter tops from all the sand that blew the last 6 weeks, to being up for 36 hours with little sleep, etc....
SUUURRRRE....OF COURSE they would want to come over for dinner and a glass of wine!
Well, I guess my heart was in the right place, even though I didn't think it through! (I know Erin!)
Our diner plans have been postponed until tomorrow night and Cope and T will be wishing away another day until then. They have only wished away the last 6 weeks already, so what is one more day, right? (Plenty! But don't tell Grandma and Grandpa)
YOU try explaining that they are too tired to come over.
After I explained the WHOLE reason why, Cope didn't hesitate one second after I finished explaining only to whine, ..."WHY CANT WE SEE THEM?".....
Tierney, however, came up with a clever solution..."Mom", she said..."How about we get in the van, drive over to their motor home, and wave hi to them in the window?" "We don't have to go in. We could just talk to them through the window". I just laughed.

Did I tell you what I did Monday night?
I had the pleasure of being Nedra's guest for a fancy Art Gala complete with music and dinner, and WHO do you think the guest of honor was????

None other than Carol Channing! I was floored! She walked around and visited with people and was honored for her contributions to the arts. I was so tickled I actually saw her! It was a beautiful night and dinner was fabulous! THANK YOU NEDRA!!!! XOXOXOXOXO
If I don't lose weight this week for my weigh in tomorrow- it was because of that dinner and dessert! (okay, and Rowdy's brownies I ate all weekend)

Have a beautiful night! Im leaving you (only for a little while) with a quote I really like: (Thanks Orval)
*Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change, kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything, have no regrets. Life's too short to be anything but happy.*

3 comments:

laceypayne said...

Hey there! I really like that quote in blue. Did you write it?

Beth Ann said...

Hi Laceypayne!

I received this quote from a dear friend Orval. I'm not sure where he got it, but Ive emailed him and will let you know!
Thanks for reading! How did you end up on my blog? I'm pretty new to this and learning more each day, but not sure how to expand and get others to see it.

laceypayne said...

I actually just started my blog as well. I would like to send you the same ebooks that I purchased that helped me to figure things out. May I have your email address? These books are very helpful in teaching you how to make money from writing your blogs and to generate traffic. I took all of the advice to heart since I have been writing oddball stuff all my life and never found a way to use it for the benefit of others. Now, I can do that AND make money at the same time. I will soon be a blogger junkie! You can check out my blog at http://laceypayne.blogger.com