What time is it where you are?

This is Palm Desert, Ca. time...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Zesty Cheesy Kale Chips



I found a GREAT website: Uncooking 101 (easy*no-bake*living)

I saw these Zesty Cheesy Kale Chips and thought I could make them in the oven (dehydrated), but then I saw my chance to grab an Excalibur Food Dehydrator on sale, and Linkmake them the first recipe to try!

Tierney and I made them according to the easy to follow directions.

They have a nice creamy texture and the kale chips were a little chewy, which I really liked. Sometimes potato chips are just too hard and I like a little crunchy with chewy. These chips deliver! I have more 'dip' left over and will do a batch of brightly colored swiss chard next!I highly recommend this as a first experiment into raw foods- it was an easy transition, and my 10 year old daughter had a great time making them and helping me eat them! :)
My husband even tried one!

6 comments:

Eva Rawposa said...

Couldn't help but add a link to your post on the page for the chips. You did them such justice! Now I'm feeling totally jealous that I don't have some ready NOW! Bet you don't have many left! lol!

Love, Eva

Erin said...

I think you need to bring some to South Bend!!!!!!

Beth Ann said...

Eva!!! Thank you! Im so honored!!!
Erin- Ill sure try! :)

Melissa said...

and your CO delivery can be expected WHEN???

Beth Ann said...

What is your address missy?? :)

李医生杂谈 said...

awful!