What time is it where you are?

This is Palm Desert, Ca. time...

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Making my 1st Green Smoothie!

Our local Certified Farmers Market moved INDOORS for the summer!
I had to go check it out and say HI to a few friends-



So my goal was to find Swiss Chard- you know, that brightly colored stalk with big green leaves?
And Kale. For my Green Smoothies.

I found it! I felt pretty excited I knew it by sight!

I had a hard time not bringing one of everything home.

Found a new food- Lemon Cucumber! (The roundish prickly green/yellow colored things)

Washing up and going to make a Green Smoothie...



Now to taste it.....Verdict: Surprisingly good! It went down smooth, and had a kick to it. It tingles the tongue for awhile and I really enjoyed it. I did notice it helped suppress my appetite all day. (Quite a feat for me)

*Update: I had a second glass today (just refrigerated the blender container) at breakfast and could not finish my egg sandwich. Humm..... will keep posting noticeable results. LOL

No comments: