What time is it where you are?

This is Palm Desert, Ca. time...

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Classroom Learning 2.0 challenge Thing #1-4

Hi!

Last year I went to the CUE conference, and learned about blogging and others funny named things I knew nothing about. I went about creating my first blog site and blogged until I was burned out! (giggle) I now know how to blog and comment, and add different things to my website, but now I want to learn more.
I am currently taking an on-line course (credit must be given to the California School Library Association for the development of this program) that will teach me 23 things.... ....so the first thing I did was create an avatar using Doppelme...see near top of this blog. I liked the dread-lock look, but I really don't have them. Just picture this as me if I was living on the beach in the Bahamas, having a drink at Capt'n Jacks!

Another quest was to create a voki, which is a speaking person who represents you....again, I had problems finding the right hair color, and I'm sure somewhere there is a site where you can upload a pic of yourself and have your own voice added...so I just chose an animae person and have really red hair. The voice is me though! :) Again this is at the top of the blog, just push the play button.
These were free sites and a blast to create. It didn't take a lot of time either! Go check them out!

Next quest is Flickr....so I will check that out soon!
Let me know what you think of my avatar and Voki! :)

I invite you to join me and we can learn all 23 things at our own pace, but blog about them together! I am looking into the continuing education credit that can be obtained, and you will find me blogging about these as I learn them- as it is part of the requirement.
Come join me! Check out Classroom Learning 2.0...not just for teachers though...anyone can do this!
The 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners was fantastic! It is a power-point presentation of strategies other successful people use- and teaches you what they are and how to use them! Check out the 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners.
I have to blog about which one is hardest for me and which is easiest.

Hardest for me
would be Habit 1 and Habit 7. I have a great idea, then another and another...which snowball into more and more great ideas, all connecting, but I think of how to start, instead of the end in mind. Habit 7 1/2 because I don't have time to play...or allow myself to have time to play.
Easiest for me would be Habit 7 as I love to help others be successful and watch that light bulb go off in their eyes.

Jot me a comment and let me know if you want to join me! I'd LOVE the company!

*Question for you- what makes YOU blog?

No comments: